Olvand is a little multiplayer sandbox RPG, where the players live in self-built towns and can go on all kinds of adventures together. Imagine living with your friends in a small town in the mountains, or creating a new group of friends in a pub in the metropole you all live in. There will be several mini-games the inhabitants of a server can play together, among which will be combat based games like King of the Hill or Capture the Flag. You will be able to play against other people in your city, or as a city against another city, or as a whole server against another server. The combat works with self-built guns, in which all kinds of powers can be combined to create unique effects.

Report article RSS Feed Looking for someone who wants to host an Olvand server

Unfortunately, both people who offered to host a main server for Olvand, haven't responded yet. However, because I think it would really help the alpha testing if somebody would host a server that's always online, I still want to see if I can find somebody.

Posted by Woseseltops on Sep 13th, 2012

Hi all,

Unfortunately, both people who offered to host a main server for Olvand, haven't responded yet. Maybe they're out of town, maybe they're busy with other stuff, maybe they don't want to do it anymore, I don't know. However, because I think it would really help the alpha testing if somebody would host a server that's always online, I still want to see if I can find somebody.

What you do
Host a server that's always online, and is reachable by all other testers by typing 'testserver1' or something similar. All other testers know your server exists, and will probably use it if they're not playing with friends on a personal server. The first group of testers I'm going to invite consists of 35 people. I've read that about 40-60% of the invited people try it out, so there will about 17 people playing. My guess is that this translates to roughly 2-3 people online at the same time when it's evening in Europe or the States.

What you get

• Something in the game will be named after you.
  • Access to Olvand within 24 hours.
  • Faster and more efficient development of Olvand, because a main server will greatly facilitate playtesting. In other words: you get more and better Olvand sooner.
  • Power and fame :P.

If you're interested, please let me know in the comments or in a personal message.

Cheers,
Wessel

PS

lolpew
lolpew Sep 14 2012, 3:34am says:

I'd love to, sadly my computer isn't the best however i hope someone steps up because i can't wait :D

Woseseltops
Woseseltops Sep 14 2012, 4:10am replied:

Well, I'm going to start the testing anyway, so don't worry ;). It's just that it would be so much easier if there was a server that's always online.

johnmatthais
johnmatthais Sep 14 2012, 4:06am says:

Best of luck finding someone. Looks like a pretty good game.

HeroxZ
HeroxZ Sep 14 2012, 5:37am says:

I Could have a server up mostly all day long
but if there is a specfic time so i can save some power that would be nice
my computer is pretty good

Just contact me through here
or my email
drzsmartestplaya@gmail.com

Woseseltops
Woseseltops Sep 14 2012, 2:15pm replied:

I contacted you (or actually, you contacted me), thank you!

johnlier
johnlier Sep 14 2012, 11:34am says:

I can host the server if you still need someone, feel free to email me the info. I pm'ed you.

Woseseltops
Woseseltops Sep 14 2012, 2:15pm replied:

And I responded, thank you!

PoloDef
PoloDef Sep 15 2012, 9:15am says:

hello i can host a sevrer if you would like me to . i never turn of my computer axxept for a 1 day a week rest. answer bacjk if you want more details i'd be more then ahppy to take up a server -Polo2168

Woseseltops
Woseseltops Sep 15 2012, 11:59am replied:

I'll send you a personal message about it! Thanks for interest!

WiltedChameleon
WiltedChameleon Oct 6 2012, 7:14am says:

This game looks very interesting. :O

Not sure if you still need one but I'm planning on purchasing a decent VPS soon for my own game's server, however mine will not be nearly recourse-demanding enough to justify just that. I can let you host it on there if you wish?

fastfire10
fastfire10 Oct 8 2012, 8:18am says:

i might be able to host a 24/7 server for this game (connections with people) since i really want to support this. It looks really interesting and i think you deserve the chance.