- Procedural generation: Murder mystery scenarios with a new culprit and clues each time, every play-through is unique.
- Permanent choices: NPCs, interactions, death, and a slew of other features will all persist until a new game is started. Every action counts!
- Notebook: Collect vital clues in the detective's notebook to help narrow down suspects and solve the case.
- Investigation: Interact with and examine numerous objects and characters in a number of environments in the search for more information on the killer.
- Countdown: Given a set number of days to solve the mystery, each area visited will decrement the time left, adding to the urgency of every case.
- Freedom of choice: Attempt to solve the case, or live out your remaining time doing as you please - be it fighting the law, going after gang members, or just seeing the city.
- Gunplay: Combat is generally to be avoided as a single bullet will take down the player. However, when necessary, the revolver is always available for use.
- Badges: Complete a variety of challenges to earn unique badges which directly influence future playthroughs.
- Statistics and Scores: Statistics and high scores for a wide variety of topics will persist through every game.
Noir Syndrome has finally been wrapped up and prepared for release. You can get it on April 2nd for PC, Mac, Linux, and Android! There will also be an additional bundle available directly through our site that includes the complete original soundtrack. If you still want the game to make it on to Steam, be sure to tell your friends to give us a vote on Greenlight!
Now that the game is complete, it's a good time to look back on what's been done. One major feature that was added recently was the inclusion of different difficulties. There are now Normal, Hard, and Impossible modes. Each subsequent difficulty makes it harder to find clues and suspects while the player has to deal with reduced hunger, ammo, cash, being hunted by one or more groups, and other challenging factors. Of course, there are incentives for completing harder difficulties. Greatly increased score, as well as a number of unique badges can be earned from playing Hard and Impossible modes.
There are also a few new areas to explore that weren't in the beta. There might be some secrets or possibly even easter eggs to find throughout the game, so take a careful look at everything!
Finally, I just wanted to thank all of you for making this possible. I know I've said it before, but the support provided by everyone has really driven me to make this game the best it can be. I'll be paying close attention to it after release to see how things go as well. In the end, the roots of the game still remain. The procedural mysteries should be engaging and feel new each time. Hope you guys grab a copy when it drops on April 2nd!
Latest tweets from @entropy_phi
20hours 17mins ago
22hours 4mins ago
@GodOfMoogles actually extremely close to the top 100 now. Appreciate the support!
Apr 17 2014, 4:22pm
@kewlsnake arrow keys and Z, X, C.
Apr 15 2014, 8:13am
The Noir Syndrome Version 1.1 update will be rolling out this week! T.co
Apr 14 2014, 7:11pm
@SusieS91 transmogrify back to the pointy hat. Its the only good one.
Apr 13 2014, 2:28pm
@talharbash just a simple icon that lets the player know when they can talk to someone. It was a highly requested feature.
Apr 12 2014, 10:41am
Two major version updates coming to Noir Syndrome over the next few weeks! Here's a sneak peek at Version 1.1 T.co
Apr 11 2014, 3:40pm