Mendel's Farm Beta test v.02.1 - We fixed issues with the particle systems when watering crops and changed the scene where animals are displayed when...
FIRE BREATHING CHICKENS! Got your attention? Sweet, So about Mendel's Farm. Mendel's Farm is a quirky resource management game that puts the player in charge of a failing farm, with the task of turning things around and keeping the farm afloat. There are many tactics that the player can use to do this, with a goal of ours being that each player is able to have a unique story when playing the game. With many tactics, and millions of variations of mutated animals to pick from, the player can personalize their farm to suit their requirements. Annoyed by that fox that keeps stealing your chickens? Well, it wouldn't steal a chicken that could breath fire now, would it? This is just the tip of the iceberg in the crazy little game that is Mendel's Farm.
#1 - We want you to have fun! The main purpose of Mendel's Farm is for you to have fun creating a farm full of mutated animals, whether it be fire-breathing chickens, snail-eyed sheep or any whacky combination we are currently adding. (Yes, there are indeed more mutations to come!)
#2 - If you are not having fun, we want you to tell us! If something in the game bugs you, doesn't work the way you expected or simply is feeling lacking, let us know what the issue is so we can try to fix it! We are always open to suggestions and will put far too many hours into making sure we implement all necessary changes.
#3 - We would like to know if you are able to understand the user interface, particularly the research interface. We would like to know if you are able to figure out how to pursue certain animal traits, or if the information displayed is lacking. For example, if you are able to check and see what mutations your animal has or may be carrying, and then target that with selective breeding to bring it out in your animal.
#4 - General feedback and suggestions. We want to know what you think of Mendel's Farm, and if you have any ideas for more random events or things to research in the laboratory. Whether you have any ideas for more missions and achievements, and most importantly any ideas on which crazy mutations should be added to the animals. We would like to include feedback from the Mendel's Farm community wherever we can, and if there are any mutations you particularly like we will try our best to add them!
- Produce will now show up in game! Eggs from the chickens, Wool from the sheep and err… “High quality fertiliser” from the pig, which can all be gathered up and sold for an income.
– More options can be adjusted in the options menu allowing you to improve the games performance.
– More command schemes have been added, the user can chose between WASD based movement or click-and-drag
– Fire-breathing chickens can now defend themselves from fox attacks.
– Animal movement AI has been rewritten, allowing for more fluid movement. (No more dancing chickens once they get to close to a wall)
– No more green boxes in the market covering animals
– The animals in the market should no longer overlap
– The game will no longer jump around when clicking to drag
– The game will no longer crash in the tutorial when renaming an egg in the nursery
– Bramble bushes event now counts down to zero
– Shadows no longer overlap making floating eyeball shadows etc
– Fixed a variety of bugs which break the tutorial
– Animals no longer starve to death before they have been removed from the nursery
– Player mouse input has been improved to more accurately register clicks
– Price of animals adjusted, Pigs are generally worth more than chickens
– Fixed a movement bug on lower end machines
– Balanced animal hunger
– Added a mini loading screen to prevent crashes in the first 1 second of the game
– Animals can no longer be placed on other animals
– Altered how the silo managing crops when mixing animal feed
– Animal animations wait until they are completed before starting a new one
– Altered the silo user interface to improve performance
– As an animal dies, the player is no longer able to quickly select and sell it
– Researching upgrades in the laboratory are more effective
Latest tweets from @staticgamesltd
Noticed this quote pinned on the wall whilst working the other day. Couldn't agree more! T.co
47mins 21secs ago
@el_RHEY I'd like a lion - they're awesome! Plus'm pretty sure El R(h)ey león is the lion king in Spanish. El Rhey lion all the way! ;)
20hours 10mins ago
23hours 11mins ago
Sep 16 2014, 4:29am
Sep 16 2014, 4:17am
Static #GameOff - Rob the MD beats Owen the Artist 13-3 at King Of Fighters and Crash Team Racing. His first and likely last ever victories!
Sep 13 2014, 5:54am
Sep 6 2014, 10:04am
Sep 5 2014, 6:39am
Sep 5 2014, 6:00am
After 2 years of working together, it's just dawned on me that Static Games have never had a team photo together! How is this possible?
Sep 4 2014, 11:37am