Lightrise is a skill-based, player vs. player combat game which at the core is focused on fun, fluent and fast-paced combat. Lightrise gives players a combat experience not quite like anything else available out there.
Lightrise has much more depth than a traditional one-shot, one-kill FPS, but at the same time does not have any of the familiar restraints such as classes, roles and load outs that are typically found in games of the genre today. Right from the start, each player has access to an identical arsenal of spells and skills - the playing field is as even as it could be - no flavor of the month builds, no over-powered load out configuration.
Every player can shoot a bow, cast a fireball or swing a sword without any artificial restrictions. Every win and loss will be determined solely by how well you play in that moment.
0.9.7 - May 22nd, 2015
- Removed dynamic LOD levels for now because they were causing a lot of load lag.
- Raised minimum detail distance on trees since it was causing some casting effects to be seen through trees
- Yet another potential fix for equipment groups between players (and self) getting out of whack. This one might actually work!
- Fixed an issue where if you selected a spell after beginning a melee attack, it would switch the camera prematurely.
- Fixed suicide death every kill.
- Made wins give more XP, left losses the same. Made max XP loss per fight 125 and upped max XP win per fight to 250.
- Fixed issue with minimap having transparent areas due to tree conflicts
- Fixed melee still doing damage on Dueling game mode
- Updated many textures
- Reduced blind from link stream on BloodDrain
- Disabled melee back damage until I can figure out a reliable solution for it. Chances are I'm going to have to redo melee, with the "sweeping" colliders as I have them now, there's a lot of error in registering back vs front reliably.
- Added hit effect feedback on hit player for Lightning strike
Check out the latest version of Lightrise! There are many performance enhancements, gameplay tuning, visual polish, and bugfixes in this release. Enjoy!
New update is coming very soon with additional skills, reworked blocking and much more!
Today we are very proud to officially announce our Steam Greenlight submission of LIGHTRISE! It's been a long road in a short time (sprinting), and there's...
Development has been going fast and furious. Our faithful band of testers keeps us busy with feedback and bugs, while my own shear will keeps me forging...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.