Heroine's Quest v1.2.1 is now available for download. This is an updated version based on feedback and bug reports. Unfortunately, due to engine limitations, saved games from v1.1 are not compatible with this version. However, the hqrecord.dat file which contains your records can be copied over.
Changes to gameplay:
- Side borders now work on wide screen monitors, allowing you to play the 16:10 game fullscreen on a 16:9 monitor without stretching.
- Allow calming Garm with the Animal Ken skill.
- Allow sleeping at the lake in Svartalfheim.
- Allow dealing with Aurvandel and Sigurd regardless of earlier actions, as well as with Arngrim for warrior heroines. Bonus boss enemies no longer show up at easy difficulty level.
- Decreased weight of starting armor, and characters with throwing skill now start with a dagger.
- Certain of the jotunn's, Fenrir's, and Egther's attacks can no longer be blocked with your shield, nor the shield spell.
- Hybrid characters can no longer sell an alchemical item if they have herbalism skill, nor learn a maneuver they cannot use, nor sneak past a certain NPC without stealth skill.
- Rogues now have an extra possibility to obtain the runic stick and the strange tool, and can once more obtain the blackbird.
- And fixes for reported bugs, including dialog boxes disappearing immediately, screen flashing while Steam overlay is shown, crash when the game starts up, using the figurine to bypass crucial scenes, Fafnir disappearing while chasing you, using caltrops on a boss enemy, and overchanneling in the final battle; the map icon for the thieves' lodge, returning to the lodge later as a non-rogue, being unable to switch weapons in a chase, Eitri's responses while he's showing off, one of Arngrim's dialog topics not showing up, a draug corpse blocking an important hotspot, and the targeting hotspot on the vortex stone.