Gorescript takes place in a pixel universe dominated by relentless monsters out to erase you from existance. The game is a throwback to all the shooters in the early days of the genre. Gorescript is a fast paced first person shooter game built in a homemade game engine by a single person. Inspired by the great old ones, Gorescript puts a pixel gun in your hand and lets you loose into 18 crazy levels guarded by blocky horrors. Gorescript cranks up its ridiculous difficulty up to 11 with the masochist and blackout game modes. You’ll be able to face hordes of enemies and even explore the game in darkness, your only source of light being your weapon firing (hoping you’ll hit something).
Gorescript Pre-alpha v.3 comes with: - a new level and hordes of monsters for you to shoot at. - changes in the environment by adding normalmaps to the walls, ceiling and floors - HUD and mouse sensitivity improvements - scoring system - a timer for all you crazed speed-runners
Free Alpha Patch notes:
- A new level was added
- An option to show/hide the HUD (default is on; note that the HUD is always disabled on Masochistic difficulty regardless of this setting)
- An option to show/hide a timer for how much time you spent during your current level run (default is off) - Speed-runners delight!
- Increased the default mouse sensitivity to 0.35 (was 0.2); increased the maximum mouse sensitivity to 4 (was 1).
- Graphical improvements! Added normal maps to walls, floors and ceilings.
- Made a couple of changes to the blue key room in the first level for a smoother first-time experience.
- Added a score system. This score is cumulative across all levels (per save slot) and displayed whenever you complete a level.
- You can improve your score when replaying a certain level (using the "Level select" menu), either by collecting more random powerups (those marked with a question mark on the automap) or by completing the level in less than 3 minutes. Each second under 3 minutes will improve your score.
- Various small UI improvements.