• Register

Gentrieve 2 is a "Metroid"-style 3D action game featuring completely random & customizable worlds. The year is 3080. Mass Generators are creating everything, everywhere. However, thieves often steal Mass Generators in hopes of creating robot armies & fortresses. Thieves are terrible programmers, though, and their creations become uncontrollably hostile & fortresses wildly convoluted. It is your job to clear out these fortresses & return the faulty Mass Generators. Be warned, when the Mass Generator is taken offline, the fortress will soon implode!

Forum Thread
v1.11 Incoming -- Weapon balancing (Games : Gentrieve 2 : Forum : Annoucements : v1.11 Incoming -- Weapon balancing) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 27 2012 Anchor

Hey all,

OK, made an update primarily focused on weapon balancing. Let me know how it works out!

Complete Changes:

1. Boss room doors won’t unlock until you pick up the rewarded item
  2. Charged Spread Shot will shoot more projectiles
  3. The Ice Cannon will slow enemies a bit more
  4. Bombs will now attract enemies when placed
  5. Increased Beam Cannon damage
  6. Reduced box health & thrown damage
  7. Slightly increased damage from normal enemies
Dec 6 2012 Anchor

So far, the balance changes are working out pretty nicely. Havent had a chance yet to try the beam cannon or spread weapons. The new bombs are particularly good.

The bug for reloading, though, is definitely still there, still happens pretty much every time.

Oh, also, I've found that it's possible for the player to occaisionally manage to squeeze into an area, and then not be able to get back out at all; had that happen a few times (usually when backing up) where I'll hit a spot where there's BARELY enough room for the player to fit between a couple of objects, but.... then gets entirely stuck; the game makes that constant wall-hit sound whenever this happens. Happens with enemies and bosses at times as well.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.