Morepork Games is proud to introduce it's new game: Garden Wars! Now on Steam Greenlight needing votes!
Garden Wars is a casual strategy game for all that is simple and addictive. It will retail on steam for under $5 and is expected to be released around September 2016.
Send in the GOAT to eat your pesky neighbor's plants, or maybe some Rabbits? It's gardener vs gardener and you must do everything in your power to dominate the garden with your plants!
But watch out because your rival has the same idea... Perhaps it is best to concentrate on clearing the ground for your own plants to spread? Or try boosting your bee population to make your fruit grow faster? The more plants you have, the more juice you have to spend on TOTAL GARDEN DOMINATION!
Garden Wars puts you in the shoes of the gardening god. Easy to learn, but the more you play, the more you realize you will need a good strategy to completely rid the garden of your formidable foe’s foliage.
- Play multi-player or single-player vs A.I.
- Several difficulty levels for all types of players
- Hundreds of levels
- Fun, clean graphics
- See how you rank in the world and among your friends
- Full set of achievements included
- PC, Mac & Linux
Why should I give this game my greenlight vote?
- It’s fun and addictive, for not much more than the price of a coffee.
- It’s a game that you can get in and play when you have a small amount of free time (game times generally range from 4 to 15 minutes depending on difficulty). Get in a game before the boss gets back!
- Do you have a mum? Are you a mum? The harder difficulty levels are suitable for the more seasoned gamer, while the easier ones are a great way to introduce oldies or young’uns to a simple version of a strategy game. Trust us - we’ve forced many reluctant mums to test it for us, along with hardcore gamers, and kids.
- It’s an indie game made by one person, who has worked on game franchises such as Bioshock and Borderlands.
- Morepork Games is well connected with willing game industry veterans. By voting for this game, you’ll also be helping support the studio to create more ambitious future titles! *hint hint*
I still don’t get what it really is?
- Think of it kind of like Populous with plants. Your plants spread when you clear land for them, and each slowly gets more powerful as the bees turn it’s flowers into fruit.
- As your total plant population strengthens, you gain power which you can then use to unleash nasty attacks on the enemy plants, or to boost yours further.
- A player loses if all of their plants die.
- Your winning times are compared with others around the world on the same level/difficulty.
- You can play head-to-head with another player or vs an A.I. opponent that plays very much like a player would.
Anything else I should know?
- The footage and screenshots above are from a work-in-progress version of the game. There are still some more gameplay features and visuals to implement.
- If greenlit, the game is expected to be released within a couple of months.