We are happy to announce that FTSOC's control-system has been overhauled and upgraded! Meet the ICARUS patch. Many new options, including sim-style PITCH, ROLL and YAW controls have been implemented. In addition, we've added a few more features such horizontal and vertical "auto-stabilizators" to further improve the original ARCADE flying style. A free-roaming "Panoramic Camera" feature has also been implemented, so if you play on mouse you can simply hold MMB to look around (and if you're playing on KEYBOARD, just move the mouse to activate the Panoramic Camera).
Please note that ICARUS may still have some issues, mainly with Saitek flightsticks on Windows 10. We're working on it though, and are planning to release DAEDALUS, the full controls update, shortly.
Here's the shortlist:
- Implemented optional PITCH/ROLL and rudder (YAW) controls.
- Added "Panoramic Camera" feature that lets players look around freely.
- Rebuilt the SETTINGS/SETUP CONTROLS GUI for better overview and improved navigation.
- New gameplay cameras. Press "V" to toggle NORMAL/FAR/NEAR.
- Game Balancing: Made several adjustments to difficulty and AI.
Back to work on the DAEDALUS patch, which is up next... and oh, we've got Trading Cards nearly done too, they should release in less than a week.