A platformer/shooter with emphasis on exploration, ala the Metroid series. Development began as a test to see what I could do with Game Maker, and expanded from there.
Beta release of a platform shooter with an emphasis on exploration.
Posted by Adjuvant on Jul 11th, 2012
Ex Vitro is a platform shooter in the vein of Metroid that emphasizes exploration.
This beta release includes the following improvements from the previous version:
- Doubled the size of the map
- Brand new zone with a brand new boss
- Teleporter system allows quick movement across map
- Better animations for character (head turns, arm bends, spin-jump)
- New items that upgrade weapons and shields
- Minor graphical upgrades here and there
- More Data logs, and now they are on by default
- Improved map screen, with dynamic updates and markers for yellow doors
- Separate status screen for items collected