Based in Belgium
March 29 2016
Epistory - Typing Chronicles is a beautiful atmospheric 3D action/adventure typing game that tells the story of a writer lacking inspiration who asks her muse to help write her latest book.It features a visually stunning papercraft art style and blends light RPG elements with exploration and unique combat mechanics solely using the keyboard. Epistory is available on PC, Mac, Linux + Free Demo!
After years of collaborating with various publishers, Fishing Cactus studio decided to choose the elite amongst them to work on an in house production. Hustling all the habits of the studio on their way, this team won’t be afraid to create the kind of game we always dreamed of but never had the means to do. Meanwhile, 25 souls sacrifice themselves on “Pay the Bills” projects for the common good. Will they succeed in their mission? I don’t know, I am just a cool movie voice over in your head!
- Atmospheric & poetic 3D adventure game
- Atypical typing game where the game is 100% controlled with the keyboard
- Original and unique papercraft origami 3D art style
- Play as the muse riding a giant three tailed fox, lost in a fantasy 3D world
- Solve mysterious puzzles and defeat enemies in epic combat
- Unfold the story as you explore the origami world in the writer’s head
- Dynamic difficulty that evolves to fit each players’ skill set
- Challenge other players for the top spot in the arena leaderboards
- Large support of various keyboards (Colemac, Dvorak, Bepo, Qwerty, Azerty, Qwertz and so on...))
Epistory Typing Chronicles - OFFICIAL RELEASE TRAILER YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Innovation award" Belgian Games Festival
- "Honorable Mention in Art" Independant Games Festival (IGF)
- "Finalist for best 3D visuals award" Unity Awards
- "Creative Play award" Indie Game Play Paris
- "Best Game award" Momocon Atlanta
- "Honorable Mention in Best Art" Belgian Games Festival
- "A really sweet, superbly atmospheric action RPG."
- John Walker, RockPaperShotgun
- "Once you get into the game world, it becomes something more."
- Johsua Vanderwall, The Escapist Magazine
- "The keyboard is your mightiest weapon in Epistory."
- Mike Fahey, Kotaku
- "An action/adventure game in a charming world that can't be missed."
- JV.com, Jeuxvideo.com
- "Epistory – Typing Chronicles is differentiating itself with regards to gameplay mechanics and visuals."
- Marcus Estrada, Hardcoregamer
- "Well take a seat, Typing of the Dead, cause Epistory has arrived."
- HutchTheClutch, Glitch Free Gaming
Fishing Cactus allows for the contents of Epistory - Typing Chronicles to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Epistory - Typing Chronicles is legally & explicitly allowed by Fishing Cactus. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.indiedb.com/games/epistory/presskit.
Epistory official presskit
Epistory official presskit fishingcactus.com/presskits/sheet.php?p=epistory.
Polygon plays Epistory
The most beautiful typing game ever youtube.com/watch?v=tC5Z0H84nKQ.
Zerator joue à Epistory
Découverte gouvernementale! youtube.com/watch?v=rul9-BY9Z3c&t=23s.
About Fishing Cactus
Fishing Cactus is an independent games developer composed of 20 individuals. Based in Mons, Belgium, the company’s aim is to showcase their originality and ability to thrive in a nation without many game development studios. Fishing Cactus is the maker of the rated overwhelmingly positive on Steam and awards winning game Epistory - Typing Chronicles, an atmospheric adventure folded in an origami world.
More information on Fishing Cactus, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Epistory - Typing Chronicles Credits