Hi Galactic Survivalists!
Well done! Thanks to your dedicated help, we already tracked down a lot of nasty issues in our Release Candidate 1. But we are not done yet! To ensure this version gets the best possible polishing, we are now starting Release Candidate 2.
Our major task remains the same: squashing bugs!
Said that, a lot of you have made us aware about the FPS issues with movement of large ships in different situations. Thanks a lot for all the reports. We are currently testing a fix for this problem :)
As always, as soon as you read this, have a look at your very personal bug list. If you do NOT find your issue fixed below, please give it another try and re-report them in our bug thread for RC2. Thanks a lot in advance!
Bug Reports: Alpha Experimental - Release Candidate 2:
To spice up this update and based on your feedback, we also added some feature-refinements and changes to the gameplay.
As a special note: the customization possibilities have increased a lot with Alpha 6.0. That’s why we have added two more FAQ threads dedicated to Multiplayer/Playfields and for Builders/Creative to answer the most important topics of the newly added features.
Please, if you are new to Empyrion or the Experimental Alpha 6.0, give it a read first!
FAQ for Players: Empyriononline.com
FAQ for Builders: Empyriononline.com
FAQ for MP & Customization & Scenario: Empyriononline.com
We have also added a dedicated feedback thread for the STORY TUTORIAL to grab dedicated feedback on this topic: Empyriononline.com
(Please do not discuss the global “New Game Start” there, but only the tasks and actions of the Tutorial and how it can be improved. Thanks!)
Now, have fun with RC2! :)
Empyrion Dev Team
Changelog: Alpha Experimental 6.0.12 (Build 1032)
Added Regeneration of POIs:
- Added POI regeneration feature: regeneration timer counts down if a POI has been "visited". If timer reaches zero, POI regenerates if no player is close (120m). Note: you cannot build/drill nearby a structure that has "regeneration" enabled
- For testing: Added regenerate to all POIs on all starter planets and all POIs in space (all playfields) - also in Single Player (only for testing)
EDIT: regeneration will be available in SP also (it all depends on the designer now)
POI Spawning Update:
- Added drone base and vessel base to POI spawning, i.e. you can now control spawning of these 2 units. What means, you can spawn drone base and vessel base close to each other or spawn valuable resources close to these structures -> see playfield.yaml in ExamplePlanet
IMPORTANT: you must adapt your custom yamls to this new setup if you want to spawn a drone base or a planet vessel base
- Chat font changed to white color and increased size (same for tutorial messages and PDA actions)
- Polishing of Map window, Sector Map window, Vessel Statistics window, Control Panel Devices Page and Signal Logic Page
- Added Ammunition panel to Control Panel (Fill and list showing the different ammo types not yet working)
- Popup Dialog Boxes Polishing
- Updated map marker icons
- Adapted Planet Map to use same Starmap background as Space and Sector Map
- More tweaks to Menu Bar icons
- Updated style of buttons
Visuals and Sounds:
- Added possibility to play a custom music for each structure (defined in playfield.yaml)
- Playfield specific sound is now played again (defined in playfield.yaml)
- Updated some growable plants by adding clusters (so they look more voluminous): corn, wheat, tomatoes, etc.
- Tweaked alien tube growable plant (made it larger) + added clusters to pearthing plant and durian plant
- Added better model for promethium stone
- Added better map marker for enemies (instead of arrow > dot)
- Drone destroyed model sound is now heard less far
- Added some more ambient sounds for POIs (dungeons, trading stations etc)
- Updated textures of alien bugs to PBR textures
- Entity spawner is now grey per default.
- Added delay to Planet Vessels (defined in playfield.yaml)
- Planet Vessel “standby” mode is now only active if Planet Vessel is not visible
- Increased despawn timer of drones
- Tweaked resource spawning (important resources are now sometimes closer to alien POIs)
- Increased attack speed of several NPCs
- Added new SV, HV cockpit (Renamed and rearranged cockpits in block group)
- Added more destroyed hull blocks
- Added new standing NPC
- Always show completed Blueprint in Blueprint Factory list regardless of filter
- Updated PDA
- Updated Scenarios "Dawn of Galaxy" and "Invader vs Defender"
- Added Supply Station POI to Oscutune orbit
- Added info on which type (BA, SV, MS, HV) a certain ammo can be used
- Added debug weapons for testing: "Assault Rifle Debug" and "Rocket Launcher Debug"
- Implemented: PDA check 'NearUnit' can use a generic block name as target, target element needs to be listed in Control Panel's unit list
- Better animation for standing aliens deco block
- Added correct group name for POIs on moon playfield
- Only max one drone / vessel base allowed per playfield (check introduced in yaml)
- Small change to rockets: now every rocket is attached to the firing entity for 3 frames (eg when player fires a rocket in a fast flying SV)
- Melee attack of enemies is now better (they won’t lose sight contact that easy any more)
- Tweaked ranged attack of spider
- Added ranged attack to alien bugs 03 + 04
- Melee attack of NPC does not longer damage terrain
- Added several orbital bases as drone bases
- Temporarily deactivated space "custom tour" in PDA
- Updated Trader Config
- Updated CV Tier 2a (thanks to rainyday)
- Fixed: No BA attack drones on any difficulty setting
- Fixed: CoQ when using the teleporter to go from TS Akua to TSO Akua.
- Fixed: Issues with SV mounted weapons. & CV Mounted Rocket weapon
- Fixed: Not possible to scroll list of signals in SIGNAL LOGIC
- Fixed: Respawn in a large sea send player in instant death screen loop
- Fixed: Problem that CV in space flies 115m/s instead of 90m/s (regression)
- Fixed: Control Panel Device List not keeping selection between Device List and Signal Logic Tabs
- Fixed: Exploit: add -2 to amount when buying from trader is adding you the money
- Fixed: Night vision doesn't work on scoped weapons.
- Fixed: Toolbar partially visible when using scope + weapon clipping after using scope
- Fixed: PDA: 'Guiding: Destination' does not work with NearResource
- Fixed: Damaged blocks "full block" makes itself and blocks behind it transparent in some stages
- Fixed: BAO_Thermica_Station is a CV instead of a BA
- Fixed: Withdraw Hydrogen Packs from Fuel tanks allowed to create infinite energy loop => Temporarily removed Hydrogen Fuel Cells to avoid exploit
- Fixed: MP issue with Motion Sensor and more than one player in sensor area
- Fixed: Problem that sometimes plants gave back dead sprouts and sometimes sprouts > now consistent: all give back sprouts
- Fixed: Disassembling a Harvest Cargo box returns a Cargo box block
- Fixed: MP lever animation and signal processing
- Fixed: Troop Transporter is still spawning when drone base is conquered and placing player core
- Fixed: CoQ when setting a map waypoint.
- Fixed: Armor & weapons looted from POIs are damaged
- Fixed: Connecting lines are missing in the Tech tree.
- Fixed: NPC attacking the player clips into camera
- Fixed: Block destroy particles not showing
- Fixed: Signal broken when sensor is removed
- Fixed: CoQ: Linked to Troop Transport
- Fixed: Custom switches (MAIN tab middle column) do not save with blueprint
- Fixed: Markers are not shown in the PV/PU list / no markers shown in the list
- Fixed: Planet Vessel vanishes if lower thrusters are destroyed
- Fixed: Difficulties setting "Number of deposits" has no real effect
- Fixed: Docking HV to a CV leads to a 25 second delay for sensors
- Fixed: NearUnit Name is not centered on device but on a different place
- Possible fix for strange wall appearing when damaging abandoned mine.
- Fixed: Planet Vessel HQ's are spawning in 2 bases on top of each other.
- Fixed: Difficulty setting amount of available deposits has no effect (applied difficulty factor on minimum amount of ores)
- Fixed: CoQ when using a lever to open/close a door
- Fixed: Persistent CoQ when Base shoots as PV
- Fixed: CoQ when using teleport from Ningues to Oscutune
- Fixed: POI Cutout not working for BA_Patrol-Vessel-HQ3 (temporarily removed this prefab)
- Fixed: Projectiles do not fire when flying sideways with max speed (Note: when flying sideways and the launcher is placed close to a hull block, it is normal that no rocket is shot)
- Fixed: Custom NPC Trader does not work in Multiplayer
- Fixed: Playfield: Ore deposits are 3x away the distance than set up in the yaml
- Fixed: Sun flares and other flares not showing for player when using a weapon in first person view
- Fixed: PDA 'NearUnit' checks did not complete when using generic block names
- Fixed: CoQ when removing cameras from AI vessel and relogin to game
- Fixed: Problem that player bends arms when aiming with pistol
- Fixed: Sector Map Line Rendering
- Fixed: Sectors reveal command throws CoQs
- Fixed: Map Window Orbit Info description header
- Fixed: CoQ in Popup when using "Auto" positioning
- Fixed: Scrolling Popup issue in Signal Logic configure list
- Fixed: Missing Name in Sector Map Orbit Info
- Fixed: Internal error linked to trap door on dedi
- Fixed: Random CoQ linked to trader
- Fixed: NPC Trader main Icon slightly blurred/transparent