• Register

You are a God! You are master and ruler of a loyal nation. You have unimaginable powers at your disposal. You have claimed this world as yours. But there are others who stand in your way. You must defeat and destroy these pretenders. Only then can you ascend to godhood and become the new Pantokrator. When you start the game you decide what kind of god you are and how your DOMINION affects your lands and followers. It is an expression of your divine might and the faith of your followers. If your dominion dies, so do you. Your dominion also inspires your sacred warriors and gives them powers derived from your dominion. In order to win and become the one true god you have to defeat your enemies one of three different ways: conquer their lands, extinguish their dominion or claim the Thrones of Ascension. Release version and manual is available now. Manual can be downloaded from Illwinter's web page.

Forum Thread
Peliwyr (127+18) (Wraparound) (Games : Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension : Forum : Undiscovered Door - Maps & Cartography : Peliwyr (127+18) (Wraparound)) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Pymous
Pymous Mad Scientist
Dec 3 2013 Anchor

Hello guys,

Here we go with Peliwyr (127 land + 18 sea) - Full wrap around

This is probably my last map for dom4 but don't worry I'll continue to update all of them according to your feedback.
I am not leaving dom4 or even the forum, it's quite the opposite: I have another project (for dom4) I started months ago and I was working on in parralel to map making and I want to focus on it now.

Like always, please feel free to share comments/suggestions/ideas and report any bugs!
Thank you!

Download links:
Peliwyr v1.1: Petit-fichier.fr
Peliwyr v1.0 (old): Petit-fichier.fr

Edited by: Pymous

--

My dominons 4 maps:
- Atha Avin (81+10) (Wraparound)
- Biddyn (84+9) (Wraparound)
- Peliwyr (127+18) (Wraparound)

Dec 3 2013 Anchor

Damn that looks good. Do you do maps for other games?

Dec 3 2013 Anchor

Is it ok if I snag some of those? The waterfall, the cave, the dragon, the deep water image?
Im starting to collect some special placement tiles for when we figure out how to do tile fills on the new Dom4 genned blank maps.

Dec 3 2013 Anchor

The talent -- I cant breath.

Pymous
Pymous Mad Scientist
Dec 3 2013 Anchor

@Hottie: No first time drawing "maps"
@gp1628: No problem
@Arthius: thank you :p

Hrothgaar asked me to show some kind of "slideshow" to present my "working stages". I won't create a new thread just for it so I post it here.
(This is just an example, there is many others ways to create a map, and any of them are fine. Don't take this as a tutorial, just a response to a request)

--

My dominons 4 maps:

Dec 3 2013 Anchor

The new map is awesome and so is the demo for how it came about.

Dec 3 2013 Anchor

Another very nice map, Pymous. I wish I could draw even half as well as you. It will be interesting to see what other Dominions-related projects you unveil....

MAurelius11
MAurelius11 Philosopher King
Dec 3 2013 Anchor

Oh man you jerk! Now I kind of want to quit my current campaign and start a new one on this map.

You, sir, are an asset to humanity.

Dec 4 2013 Anchor

I like the bigger sea very much, it's an improvement over the previous map.

Edit : you can do single wraparound instead of double wraparound. The FF-type wraparound is harder to find its mark on.

Edited by: Ohlmann

Dec 4 2013 Anchor

edit : k maybe tis just me..ditched the pic

Edited by: Fenryder

Dec 4 2013 Anchor

I've seen some things I cannot unsee but to me it looks like you just drew red lines over random areas to make it dirty. It won't be a problem for me at least.

Edited by: phyvo

Dec 5 2013 Anchor

Thank you for this little presentation ^^

Edited by: Hrothgaar

Dec 6 2013 Anchor

Well, if I ever finish my first LP (have time/laptop now for it after 2 week delay), I'm using this map.

So much the talent.

The terrain layout is also very well done!

EDIT: Noticed no connection between (89) and (90), and (78) should not connect with (67).

Edited by: StannisdaMannis

Dec 6 2013 Anchor

I ike how your maps and the game ui fit together. Thx for the map :)

Dec 6 2013 Anchor

Awesome and awesome!

For those who do not read French, click on "Télécharger le fichier " for download. I was bit confused at first but decided the payoff is far beyond the risk of clicking on an unidentified link. :)

Dec 7 2013 Anchor

zacharyt wrote: I was bit confused at first but decided the payoff is far beyond the risk of clicking on an unidentified link. :)

I even disabled my antivirus cause it marked the link website as unsafe, but i had to take the risk! thanks for all your wonderful maps!

Pymous
Pymous Mad Scientist
Dec 8 2013 Anchor

Thank you guys and thank you Stannis for reporting bugs! That's exactly what I need :)

Peliwyr v1.1 is out!
Petit-fichier.fr

Changelog (Peliwyr v1.1):

• Fixed some provinces connections (thanks to StannisdaMannis): 89---90 / 78-x-67
  • Added a new town: Silverham (large province)
  • Tweaked some provinces attributes (no-start in lakes for example)
  • New art details or modifications in some provinces (to reflect provinces names)
  • Reduced file size (compressed TGA)

Hope you'll enjoy.

--

My dominons 4 maps:

Dec 11 2013 Anchor

I've downloaded the 3 maps you've posted here and have to say that they are best looking maps you can get for Dominions. Keep it up!

Dec 12 2013 Anchor

Thank you for the amazing maps and your time donated to the Dominions community with these fantastic gifts. The time-lapsed gif is really interesting and perhaps it might inspire some to follow suit in creating beautiful custom maps for our cherished game. :)

Dec 12 2013 Anchor

I also think this is the map I find most fun to play at the moment. I especially like the fact that there is a nice flow to the game play and it uses all the new and now current features to the full extent. The visuals are also beautiful and match this gameplay very nicely, and to top it off it wraps around and is quite a nice size for majority of my games! Thank you Pymous! :beer:

... and now it is time to go back for a few more dozen turns on this amazingly well crafted king of Dom4 maps ...

Edited by: flashey

Dec 14 2013 Anchor

beautiful!

bbz
bbz
Dec 14 2013 Anchor

You keep on besting your self. I thought your previous two maps were gorgeous. I don't have words for this one. Its simply amazing!

Dec 26 2013 Anchor

This is great. I'd love to see a 150-200 province map in this series! Even if you just bolted two of them together!

MAurelius11
MAurelius11 Philosopher King
Dec 27 2013 Anchor

Tokshen is using this map for his current Agartha LP on Youtube.

Check it out! The 3d nature of the map is so epic looking!

Youtube.com

Dec 29 2013 Anchor

Superb map!
BRAVO!!!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.