[DEMO OUT NOW] Deep Rest is a psychological horror game inspired by games such as Limbo and The Cat Lady. With a deep focus on storytelling both direct and indirect. Combining the interactivity of the adventure genre with aspects of different genres & mixing it with unique mechanics. You will have the ability to make dramatic changes in the story. You play a lost girl who killed herself, after suffering the sudden tragedy of her mother going into deep coma. Upon awakening you find yourself stuck. Faced with the purgatory world of Deadwood and in need of deep rest. Engulfed by the mysterious forest that keeps changing shape and form, you soon realize its a dead end. You will encounter different characters & entities, as you progress into Deadwood. Figure out why you are stuck here, and what has happened to your mother. Did you kill yourself for nothing?
Deep Rest is a psychological horror game, inspired by games such as Limbo & The Cat Lady.
With a deep focus on storytelling both direct, indirect & on unique features.
Utilizing a point and click interact system, and combining aspects of different genres & innovative mechanics.
You shape the story, you have the ability to make dramatic changes.
You play a lost girl, which discovers her mother has gone into deep coma for unknown reasons.
Upon discovering the horrific news, you decide to end you're own life.
But when you wake up, you are faced with the purgatory world of Deadwood, and in need of deep rest.
Engulfed by the mysterious forest that keeps changing shape and form, you soon realize its a dead end.
You will be taken on a journey, that challenges every emotion and mental illness you suffer from.
Encounter different characters & entities, choose the fate of different characters through multiple choice Q/A advanced dialogue.
Figure out why you are stuck here, solve the mystery of what really happened to your mother.
Did you kill yourself for nothing?
• Atmospheric dark enviroment
• Some levels are random generated & endless while other's are not
• Smooth platformer controls
• Non-linear gameplay & 7 chapters in the full game
• Chapters based upon different emotions / mental illnesses
• Each chapter will be around 30 minutes, full game around 3-4 hours, pricetag will be around 5.99 - 9.99€ (Not final)
• Chapters are unlocked and can be replayed
• Paranormal events and interesting new mechanics, including time travel
• Character thought system through bubbles
• Point and click interact system
• Secret area's / secret NPC's to talk to
• Captivating storytelling both direct and indirect
• Advanced multiple choice question/answer dialogue system that changes story
• Multiple different endings to the game
• High quality sound effects & ambiance made by composers.
• Original soundtrack as featured in greenlight trailer. Created by Chris Wirtz the creator of Elder Scrolls Online's piano medley
• Custom input support & advanced settings
• Possible multiplatform development depends on the future
The chapters are based off the main characters life experience/emotions/mental illnesses.
Short overview (subject to change)
• Chapter 1 “The awakening” Theme: Depression, realization”
• Chapter 2 “Isolation years” Theme: Solitude, lonelyness”
• Chapter 3 “The trees have eyes” Theme: Anxiety, fear, phobias”
• Chapter 4 “A glimpse of hope” Theme: “Love, jealousy”
• Chapter 5 “Mind of the mind killer” Theme: “Homicidal, suicidalistic”
• Chapter 6 “Death is life, life is death” Theme: “OCD, Obsession”
• Chapter 7 “The end of all things to come” Theme: “Death & rebirth”
Thank you for the support!
Update 2 for Deep Rest PC/MAC, the future of deep rest, chapter overview, new reveal trailer and much more!
Hello this is the first official update to the game.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.