• Register

Fear, desperation, and organized crime dominate Dawnstar, the lawless sector of the galaxy. A cold war between the major mafias has erupted into a massive battle royal where the ultimate prize is complete control of Dawnstar. As a hot shot pilot, you're hired to help reign in the chaos ravaging the sector. You'll be provided opportunities to transcend the chaos or exploit it and position yourself as the next major Mafioso. However, you quickly learn that there are other forces at play that may have doomed your mission before it even began. Free Flight Gameplay Endless loot-driven gameplay. 20+ Storyline Missions. 20+ World zones to explore, battle and trade in. Make choices that impact the story and your relationships with your companions. Open World environment with randomly generated side missions and levels. Thousands of different pieces of equipment to customize your ship with. Co-op based multiplayer. Play with up to 4 of your friends in an open world environment.

Forum Thread
Ideas for Dawnstar 2, or my dream from a Space RPG (Games : Dawnstar : Forum : Suggestions : Ideas for Dawnstar 2, or my dream from a Space RPG) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 2 2013 Anchor

I like Dawnstar, but since i play Earth & Beyond and Darkstar One, i miss the concept from Ships that i can level up and Transform it. You look like a talented Developer, and my Question is, do you have thinking about a concept, where i can level up my ship ?

My idea is, you make a Main Char, this char has a skill tree where i can choose a path to Space Traveller for exampel, more hull, bigger room for trade, and better armors, or path to fighter, skills for better wings, bigger guns and better shields, or the path for an Explorer, better Jumpdrive, better Armor for dangerous Areas and better sensors.

Every time i have spend some skillpoints and reach some level, 10, 20 30, for exampel, i can fly to the dock, and Tranform my ship to the next tier, a fighter has bigger wings, a traveller a bigger hull, and a Explorer a little bit from all for exampel, i can choose what i want, the wings, or the engines, or more room? But only things for my path. It gives items for wings, better turnrate and evasion, engines for faster travel, weapons and rockets e.t.c. all this items are visible, so i can design my own ship, some items have good bonus to turn rate, but drops the speed down, or the weapon has a lock function, but the fire rate and damage is not so high.

I dream from a Space game like Diablo, where i can loot some Unique items, euip it, and say, WOW, this looks amazing, the new wings, or the new .armorplates on my ship, and in lategame, my Ship looks realy badass, and i can say, this is realy my ship, i have build it.

Sorry for my English, i hope you have understand what i mean, and from what game i dream, last but not least, dawnstar is a realy nice game, cya in Space Pilots :)

Feb 2 2013 Anchor

It's something that we thought about for quite awhile.

The problem we generally ran into was just that Dawnstar already has something like 32 ships, upwards of 40 when you include capital ships and battleships. Making the ships mod-able visually very-much would mean that we'd have to reduce the amount of ships greatly, or the game would take significantly longer for us to make. Going the whole sort of "Armored Core" route can also hurt performance a lot, just because you might have to pull from lots of different assets, and textures, etc.

If we do make another space game in the future though it is something that I'm rather interested in doing.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.