Corona Radiance, the first playable Corona's release for Windows is finally here!
This development build is the final evolution of the old game, previously exclusively released for the Windows Phone 7. The build includes plenty of updated content that has never been seen before!
- The campaign Fragment of Darkness, with six distinct stages full of adorable monsters
- Eight unique boss fights with interesting mechanics
- Sound effects and partial voice acting for the main character, Corona
- Three different difficulty levels, ranging from the pleasantly paced Casual to the extremely unnerving Hyper
- Two game modes: The Story mode, to explore the world and storyline of Corona, and the Arcade mode, for simple, straight-forward action
Want to see the game in action right away? Check out our gameplay video of the build here!
Corona Radiance is the last release based on our previous, discontinued game engine. Since the poor clunky engine was solely made with Windows Phone in mind, and since the build is a development build, you might run into some trouble.
Here are some things to consider:
- The controls are not optimized for PC. Clicking stuff usually works, but there are no hover effects in the buttons, so they can occasionally be difficult to find
- The game may be full of bugs and glitches
Corona uses XNA's ClickOnce installation. The installation is extremely simple, but can feel unusual compared to most types of game installations. Follow these steps to get the game running!
1. Download the ZIP containing the setup files here.
2. Extract the files and open the setup.exe inside the archive.
3. The setup will notify that the program comes from an unknown publisher.
Press the install button to begin the installation.
4. The setup should automatically install the game and download any necessary components you need to run it (such as the XNA Redistributable Frameworks).
5. The game will automatically start, and can now be run from the Start Menu.
Note that the game is automatically installed deep inside the Windows Users folder. Unfortunately, there is no way to specify an install location with a ClickOnce application.
The game can be uninstalled normally from the Programs and Features section of the Control Panel.
Use the mouse and Escape button to navigate the menus. Escape functions as a back button, and is used to go back in the menus or to pause the game when playing.
The player character can be controller by pressing the left mouse button down and moving the mouse to the direction you want the character to move. The cursor can be anywhere on the screen.
A special screen-clearing feature, Flash Nova, can be used by clicking the button on the lower left corner (when available), or more comfortably by pressing the SPACE key on the keyboard.
Take note that this version is not the version we're currently working on. It's something that was developed largely a long time ago, but that we always wanted to share with everyone. It's also a good way to show what kind of stuff you can expect in the future!
Enjoy the game!