Based in Hamilton, OH
Early Access December 26 2016
Collapsus is an exciting new block crunching puzzle game unlike any other! Collapsus is NOT about "swapping" blocks. Instead, you click on blocks to permanently break them in order to make lines 4 or more blocks. Be careful: the block meter at the bottom starts to go down with every break, and when it's all gone; it's GAME OVER! By making these lines of blocks, you get some of those "breaks" back... it's a unique risk-reward resource management mechanic! You can also TURN the screen in any of the four directions to change how the blocks fall, opening up a whole new world of possibilities!
Originally created as a prototype way back in 2005, lead designer, Jay Kidd, created an all new puzzle game for his mother. Although it didn't really go anywhere, in 2011, when thinking of new game ideas, his fiancee (and Wraith Games programmer), Kristy Iwema, decided they should revive the game.
Collapsus is inspired by classic puzzles games such as Tetris, Bejeweled, and Puzzle League. The movement of the blocks and rotation of the screen are inspired by the movement of a Rubik's Cube. The bright, colorful, flat design is taken directly from classic pop art!
- Unique risk/reward resource-management mechanic (no more "swapping" blocks)
- Turn your device to change gravity (all 4 directions) to really turn the game “on its head”
- 3 Standard difficulties + 2 Unlockable difficulties; each with Gravity Rush and Time Panic variations with endless gameplay
- 25 mind-bending Challenge Modes + 25 "Plus" Modes that add crazy new mechanics to the game
- Zen Mode, for when you just want to sit back and relax
- A robust Puzzle Mode with over 300 built-in single screen puzzles to test your wits against
- Free, unique, Daily Puzzles brought to your device every day
- Online Puzzle Maker so you can build and share your own puzzles online with friends around the world
- Online leaderboards for every mode, and 200 in-game Medals
- Multiplayer Battle Mode, where up to 8 players can battle it out for dominance online or locally
- Dozens of accessibility options for differently abled players (including color-blind palettes, dyslexia-friendly font options, remappable controls, and more)
- Full set of cross-platform features
- Translations for 10 different languages
- No Ads or Microtransactions + All DLC is free
- Endless block-crunching action!
Collapsus 2018 PAX East Promo YouTube
Collapsus 2015 OGDE Promo YouTube
Collapsus Weekly Build 14 Gameplay - Standard/Hard Mode (June 2017) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "App of the Year 2015 - Top 50" SlideDB
- "App of the Year 2016 - #4 Best Upcoming Game" SlideDB
- "Top Pick of GDEX 2016" CLE Tech
- "Best Overall Game of Indy PopCon 2017 - 2nd Place" Slickster Magazine
- "Most Accessible Game of GDEX 2017" AbleGamers Charity
- "GDC 2018's Indie Game Showdown - Finalist" The Label
- "Presented at Game Masters - The Exhibition" Game Masters
- "Don’t let the bright colors fool you, this game is an ass kicker."
- Frank Lubsey, JamSonic
- "Let me tell you, it is a complete game changer."
- Chris Bohatka, CLE Tech
- "The ‘gravity switch’ will bring some intensity to the gameplay."
- Ellie Punn, Journal News
- "Collapsus has some of the fundamental building blocks of accessibility."
- Joseph Giampapa, Unstoppable Gamer
- "Every time they resurrected the idea they found ways to change tweak and transform aspects of the game, ensuring it will provide an experience far different from the puzzle games currently available."
- Ellie Punn, Orange Bison
- "One of my favorite parts about it on mobile was that you actually take and move your mobile device as you rotate it"
- Kathryn Nolen, Elvish Gaming
- "Hamilton’s Wraith Games represented the only digital game at Dayton Designed. Their unique puzzle app, Collapsus, turns the genre on its head."
- Josher Lumpkin, Dayton Daily News
- "What is Wraith Game's Collapsus? It’s the reverse Tetris, the anti-Candy Crush, and the end all be all of puzzle games."
- Grant McClure, GameOver GameOn
Wraith Games allows for the contents of Collapsus to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Collapsus is legally & explicitly allowed by Wraith Games. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.indiedb.com/games/collapsus/presskit/all.
Free, weekly early access web build wraithgames.itch.io/collapsus.
About Wraith Games
Wraith Games is an award-winning independent game studio (and Nintendo Licensed Developer) based in Hamilton, Ohio. We are a diverse team of talented game developers with a common passion for excellence and love of gaming. Together, we have set out to make high-quality, open source, cross-platform games for gamers of all ages and ability that make players challenge themselves, think outside of the box and most importantly: have fun! Above all else, the Wraith Games team is dedicated to maintaining a green studio, promoting games as an artform, and focusing on accessibility options for the differently abled.
More information on Wraith Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.