by BlackMoons on Jul 12th, 2014
Brutal Nature 0.44 released with new chemistry system, new editing mode and tons of new models!
Image of the month! Submitted by Blutarr:
Brutal Nature is also now on Steam Greenlight! check it out!
Download it today for free and give it a try!
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added new way to edit terrain: Create a cube then push/pull its faces, edges and vertices to edit on arbitrary angles.
- Added many chemistry recipes.
- Added high pressure chamber for making ammonia, and electrolytic cell for making sodium hydroxide, hydrogen, etc.
- Added basic, advanced and electric chemistry table. Split the chemistry recipes up into tiers for the different tables.
- Added terrain Chalcopyrite, a gold colored copper/iron sulfide ore.
- Added terrain Sperrylite, a black and gold colored platinum ore found in Chalcophrite. Platinum is a very important catalyst for many chemical reactions.
- Added terrain Pyrite: a gold colored iron sulfide ore, otherwise known as fools gold, it is vital to early production of sulfuric acid.
- Added terrain Sal Ammoniac. A light brown crystal that is a source of ammonium chloride.
- Added platinum refining recipes.
- Added culling to far off wires.
- Added crafting completion sound when doing inventory crafting.
- Added sediment on ocean floor to obscure ores that are found there.
- Added info when you select a fuel in the smelter menu.
- Added server refresh button.
- Added recipe power requirements to recipe info.
- Added line wrap to recipe descriptions.
- Added filter for server names.
- Added brick oven object.
- Added brick oven model.
- Added kiln for cooking bricks. Added kiln model.
- Added bloomery model for basic smelter.
- Added glass shader and some basic transparency support for models in BN's engine.
- Increased ammo recipe size by 500%.
- Increased max power consumption of electric smelter to 20KW.
- Increased power consumption of most electric smelter recipes by 500%.
- Changed the brightness and contrast of Saltpeter to make it stand out more.
- Changed camp fire light use fuel to run.
- Changed MK108 firing sound to be much louder.
- Changed sizes and position of elements in smelter menu slightly.
- Changed 20KW generator to 50KW generator.
- Changed sunlight to fade out to 0 at 300 feet below sea level.
- Fixed bug where turning off wiring mode while placing a wire results in you being in wire placement mode when you enable it again.
- Fixed bug where when placing a wire that joints another wire, it left you in the mode to place more segments even though you can't connect 3 wires together without a junction box.
- Fixed being attacked by NPCs while game is still loading.
- Fixed falling into the void when traveling into unloaded areas of the map.
- Fixed minor bug with scroll bar on tree list menu.
- Fixed recipes with long names overflowing the recipe menu for the smelter.
- Fixed text scrolling off the side of window when you are typing a long chat message.
- Fixed 'limit recipe quantity if smelter can't handle the power' function to prevent reducing integral recipes to fractions, hence consuming materials but not producing outputs.
- Fixed bug where required items in a recipe where not being properly held by the smelter.
- Fixed sorting order of building crafting categories to be sorted by tech level of building instead of alphabetically.
- Fixed server tray icon not disappearing when server shuts down due to error.
- Fixed bug where objects and players did not always respond properly to lighting.
- Fixed bug where quest voice volume setting was not working without restarting the game.
- Fixed bug that caused small patches of Cerussite ore to appear in the tunnels.
- Fixed bug where the scroll bar was not tracking the keyboard selection properly in the tree list menu.
- Fixed bug where MK108 could not be crafted because electric forge was limited to 5KW.
- Fixed bug where belt fed weapons with no ammo remaining would crash the client.
- Fixed bug with electric smelters not drawing the correct amount of power.