In Anodyne, you explore and fight your way through nature, urban and abstract themed areas in the human Young's subconscious, evoked by a 16-bit-era visual style and a moody, dream-like soundtrack. The player moves between rooms 160x160 pixels in size, an intended constraint that we used to create the monster-filled dungeons you will navigate and the set of nature-based (and sometimes stranger) places you will explore. Anodyne is on Steam Greenlight, please vote for it.

Report content RSS feed Trailer for Anodyne released! And Steam Greenlight page created!

I just finished making a first trailer for my Zelda-like, Anodyne. It's a minute long. Give it a watch! We also have a Steam Greenlight page!

Posted by seagaia on Aug 29th, 2012

**Edit** - We have a Steam Greenlight page now! Click here: Steamcommunity.com Give us your support!

So, for a while I've been wanting a decent trailer for Anodyne that isn't just a single half-assed gameplay clip. The past few days I've been planning out a song for a short trailer, and the trailer's storyboard out. Today I got around to writing the song, and making the trailer! I hope you like it. I'm not the best with video tools, nor do I have much at my disposal, but I think the trailer gets the different feels of the game across. Let me know what you think, share it if you like it, and follow our progress on IndieDB!

IndieDB Mirror

holastickboy Aug 30 2012 says:

This looks great. Music suits it very well too! Look forward to playing it!

Martanz Aug 30 2012 says:

This looks ******* awesome! Found you guys on the front page!!!

s3r10s1n Aug 30 2012 says:

Indeed looks amazing. Beautiful animations and art style in general. Best wishes guys. :)

Worthless_Bums Aug 30 2012 says:

The music fits the game! I also liked the heat wave effect on the screen at 0:40.

seagaia Author
seagaia Aug 30 2012 replied:

Thanks dude. Glad someone commented on the effecT!

+2 votes   reply to comment
seagaia Author
seagaia Aug 30 2012 says:

Thanks all. I'm glad you all like the aesthetics, we've been working hard on them.

+2 votes   reply to comment