In Anodyne, you explore and fight your way through nature, urban and abstract themed areas in the human Young's subconscious, evoked by a 16-bit-era visual style and a moody, dream-like soundtrack. The player moves between rooms 160x160 pixels in size, an intended constraint that we used to create the monster-filled dungeons you will navigate and the set of nature-based (and sometimes stranger) places you will explore. Anodyne is on Steam Greenlight, please vote for it.

Report article RSS Feed Anodyne releasing February 4th. And new demo available now.

Good news, we finished Anodyne and it will be available for purchase on our website, Desura, and Gamersgate on February 4th.

Posted by seagaia on Jan 25th, 2013

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your patience and kind comments over the past half year - we've finally finished Anodyne and will be releasing it on our website , Desura, and Gamersgate , on Monday, February 4th. Currently I'm just sanity checking the game for any last minute issues before we upload it and get ready for the press push.

I also put up the new demo of the game. It has a lot of small changes from the September version, but the biggest addition is the area after the end of the original demo! Check it out and tell your friends and extended family.

That's about it. Don't forget you can pre-order the OST I wrote for Anodyne at seagaia.bandcamp.com for the low, low price of $3.

See you at release...

- Sean Hogan (@seagaia2)

Chambleson
Chambleson Jan 25 2013, 4:38pm says:

This actually looks rather decent. I will check out the demo and if I like it, I will purchase the game and do a let's play of it on my channel.

seagaia Author
seagaia Jan 25 2013, 6:13pm replied:

Thanks! Let me know if you do!

+1 vote   reply to comment
babeco
babeco Jan 26 2013, 5:55am says:

Great work pal, a awesome inspiration for me.

seagaia Author
seagaia Jan 26 2013, 10:11pm replied:

no problem :) glad to motivate you!

+1 vote   reply to comment
mhughson
mhughson Jan 26 2013, 3:56pm says:

The way you use color in your pixel art is really quite beautiful! Hadn't heard of the game until now (just came across it on the main page), but will be following now. I think with such a great looking art style you should be able to get some press on the main gaming blogs!

seagaia Author
seagaia Jan 26 2013, 10:12pm says:

Jon thanks you for the art compliments! Yes, we hope we will get some press - many people enjoyed the demo we made a press push with in September, so I hope they will like the finished game!

+2 votes   reply to comment