In the year 3571, the last hundred humans declined to the Middle-Ages and struggle to survive amongst a world devastated by droids, aliens and mutants. Time travel right now and create your avatar in the year 3571 to see how long you can survive on the Last Kingdom on Earth!
Videogames, webcomics & comics, music, animations and films are part of my multimedia interactive story the 3571 Project.
- Survival with XP level and skills RPG system and Inventory and Chest system
- Procedurally generated open world inspired by the 3571 Comics : Various buildings and towns, animals, droids, zombies, monsters... Each new game is different
- Fast One-click simple Crafting System designed for the game
- Player character customization
- 100% realtime combat system
- Both 3rd person Hack'n'Slash gameplay and FPS Gameplay
- Magic Force unleashes your force in every situation: jump higher, run faster, kill harder!
- Funny and interactive NPCs: they speak, give quests, they trade, get happy or angry, they fight, they sometimes defend or attack you, and sometimes act stupid just like in the 3571 comics
- Riding and driving system ( horses, cars, spaceships, dragons... )
- Intelligent and interactive music multitrack system: the same song continues but the instruments vary according to the player stress level
Hi everyone! It's been a long time since the last update, but as I craft everything alone I sometimes need to focus on creation only, especially when composing music. Now it's time to share with you how the project is going on! I am also currently working on the animated trailer movie of the game... Welcome to the News Update #6!
Spoiler alert ! I'm currently working on a short 3D animated movie to promote 3571 The Game and especially explain the link between the comic, the videogame, the music... I wrote the script, I drew the storyboard, now I animate it on Blender with the original game 3D models. Here are the first two screenshots of the trailer :
3571 Project is not only a videogame, it's also a comic/webcomic, animations, films, and music. Its main originality is that I create everything alone during my free (night)time. Learning 3D modelling and C++/C# languages at 30 was really challenging for me but drawing, art direction, animation and music have been my best skills since I was a child.
Music is a very important part for the 3571 Project. 3571 Orchestra is meant to be an independent music album with its original idea: I decided to compose very classical orchestral songs, but to « futurize » the sound I played and recorded them with cheap digital devices ( like a small MIDI keyboard connected on the free version of garageband for exemple ).
( work in progress )
This can lead me to electronic music atmospheres sometimes, and a "MIDI" 1990's sound, but titles sound medieval with very classical harmonies, melodies and orchestration. I think this musical concept is fitting pretty well the main 3571 Sci-fi-Medieval story.
I also composed and coded a interactive classical song for 3571 The Game. This allow the game to change orchestration and atmosphere of the same music track according to the player stress level. Basically, the song record is divided in 3 main group of instrument tracks that fits together on the same melody :
- Track 1 : Dark atmosphere instruments, dissonant harmony, scary effects
- Track 2 : The main piano melody, neutrally positive and minimalist
- Track 3 : Violins secondary melody, very light and happy
During the game, I programmed the player to vary its Stress Level variable in quite every engaging action, and this changes the soundtrack musical composition and mix it responsively. That's why it's great to be the composer and the developer at the same time !
For exemple, when you loose a fight, your stress is maximum, and you nearly only hear the Track 1, dark and scary. But kill your opponent, speak with a friend, eat a fruit and then play flute and the piano comes back slightly with a smooth violin melody, all of this happening like it's one and only song : quite fun to hear !
I think I'll use the music of a real in-game session to record the album version. The first music created playing a RPG videogame ever !!! :D
Does anybody know if there's similar projects, I mean a videogame created by a single person including story, coding, graphics, UX, concept art and music? This would be a great inspiration for me.
See you soon for the next game update!
NEWS UPDATE #3 : New droid army enemies and concept art - Discover the new droid units and see how the 2D simple 3571 Comics' characters morphed into...
NEWS UPDATE #2: The first draft of the player ingame interface! Following the general idea of the game, I want the player to have maximum possibilities...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.