Welcome to the year 3571! The last hundred humans have declined to the Middle-Ages and struggle to survive amongst a world devastated by droids, aliens and mutants. Time travel right now and create your avatar in the year 3571 to see how long you can survive on the Last Kingdom on Earth!
Videogames, webcomics & comics, music, animations and films are part of my multimedia interactive story the 3571 Project.
Implemented Features (v0.55):
- Original 3571 Comics look and universe created together with the comic
- Survival with XP level and skills RPG system and Inventory and Chest system
- Roguelike inspired permanent death with higscore: How many days will you survive?
- Procedurally generated open world inspired by the 3571 Comics: Various buildings and towns, animals, droids, zombies, monsters... Each new game is different!
- Fast One-click simple Crafting System designed for the game
- Player character customization
- 100% realtime combat system
- Both 3rd person Hack'n'Slash gameplay and FPS Gameplay
- Magic Force unleashes your force in every situation: jump higher, run faster, kill harder!
- Funny and interactive NPCs: they speak, give quests, they trade, get happy or angry, they fight, they sometimes defend or attack you, and sometimes act stupid just like in the 3571 comics
- Riding system ( horses, giant wolves... and soon, flying dragons! )
- Intelligent and interactive music multitrack system: the same song goes on but the arrangements vary according to the player stress level ( darker themes when health is low, for exemple )
- Vehicle driving system ( Cars, spaceships... )
- Recruits: players will be able to recruit NPCs in his own team
- Events: random droid attacks or zombie invasions can happen at any time
- Emergent Gameplay: there's always something happening around you
- Content update: new NPCs, new items, new buildings
- Combat update: more options, special attacks and magic powers
- Multiplayer Mode: a whole new game and a big surprise
Testing, debugging, testing, debugging... There's almost no more bugs in the year 3571! This month I rewrited tons of code to implement a more precise and efficient save and load system. But I'm also pround to announce that an early access on Steam will be available very soon, and to present you new concept art.
Five years ago I didn't know how to write a single line of code. These last nights, except this small hundred of simple bugs to correct, I felt like a beginner again while rewriting entirely my original save and load system to be able to save NPCs positions, stats and current attitudes. This was a very long and painful for 3 reasons:
• The game maps are procedurally generated and the previous save and load system was strongly connected to the methods involved in the world creation. That's why rewriting the save and load system also forced me to optimize and rewrite most of my procedural generation script too.
• To increase FPS rate, I included in the game a very dynamic objects apparition or disparition if too far or invisible. This works like a preloading script which manages pools of objects during the game to avoid too much simultaneous calculations. I hade to rethink this too to match with the new save and load system.
• Last but not least: when the player loads the last saved game, the game engine needs to spawn objects and data in a very precise order as all scripts are connected and interdependant. Adding new datas forced me to manage starting scripts in a very different and more efficient way.
The final core script looks so simple... All these headaches were worth it: Now the game stores much more data in a saved game and the massive code optimization I had to do to achieve this make the game more fast and stable. Great!
TOP SECRET! INDIE DB EXCLUSIVITY! Since last summer I also spent nights and weekends on the new Steamworks distribution system, as I decided to launch the game on Steam very soon in early access. I already prepared the store page, integrated all Steam API elements, and as everything is going superfast these weeks, I plan to release the early access version 6.0 at the end of this year during the 2018 new year's eve at 00:00. This date could change during next critical weeks for the final build, but I'll do my best to respect this deadline.
As this news wasn't the most graphic, I decided to took my pencils and create exclusive new concept art for future comics and videogame ennemies, and vehicles. What do you think?
Thanks for reading, and see you very soon for the next update! Future is coming very soon!
THE FRAPPA STUDIO
Watch exclusive new short videos of 3571 the game in the showreel and discover the studio behind the 3571 Universe.
First screenshots of the official trailer & the first samples of the game's soundtrack 3571 Orchestra - Discover a new interactive kind of music!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.