• Register

3079 is a futuristic, open-world action first-person role playing game. You arrive on a planet experiencing constant war. It is your duty to find out why the warring factions cannot find peace on their own & hopefully restore it yourself. All areas, buildings, items, quests and characters are randomly generated. You will find unique lands & challenges. I hope you enjoy it! "Just want to say again that this is a great game! For those of you who feel like its a minecraft copy just beacuse of the cube textures used you really need to rethink what a game is about! The game play of 3079 is nothing like minecraft it is pretty unique as well as how the weapons all have diffrent stats and colors kind of reminds me of Borderlands. However it is still an original idea for a game and i still play it from time to time. You should at least try the demo and if you like it please buy it and support fruit! :D Still give it a 9/10 ! Best Regards, Adam" -- SeaNanners Sequel @ 3089game.wordpress.com

Forum Thread
Public server - 3079.omgwtfgames.com (will attempt to keep this one up) (Games : 3079 : Forum : Multiplayer Servers : Public server - 3079.omgwtfgames.com (will attempt to keep this one up)) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 7 2012 Anchor

I've started a new public server at:

3079.omgwtfgames.com

Since I know how it's annoying that public servers seem to come and go (even the 'semi-official' one at ukpro.dyndns.org seems to be down at the moment), I intend to keep this running for the forseeable future. If I ever decide to take it offline, I'll update this thread to save people wasting time trying to connect.

It's running on some pretty low-spec hardware (my old EeePC 701 with a RAM upgrade to 2 Gb - wasn't getting much use otherwise), but I've tested it and it seems to support at least 4 players happily, hopefully more. Everything is set up to restart automatically after unintended reboots or server crashes.

Tweet me at @OMGWTFGAMES if there are issues and I'll try my best to solve them.

Dec 8 2012 Anchor

Unfortunately, the person running my 3079 server had to repurpose the hardware :|

Thank you for the server! I will tweet about it.

Edited by: Phr00t

Dec 10 2012 Anchor

A small update - I've also written a little wrapper (Gist.github.com) that tweets whenever someone connects to this server, announcing their nickname and the current player count. You can see the tweets here: Twitter.com .

So if people want to know when someone else is connected to play with, they can follow the #3079server hashtag and/or @3079omgwtfgames and they should get semi-realtime updates (I've set up my Twitter client on my phone to notify me whenever someone connects, so if I want to play, I'll actually be able to catch them while they are online).

If this is spamming up the #3079server hashtag too much, tell me and I can make changes.

Dec 16 2012 Anchor

i have encountered a problem..... no body's on

Dec 19 2012 Anchor

Stay connected for a bit, sometimes people will join, see nobody, then immediately leave. If you stay on for a bit, you may catch someone else joining. Also, try to tell people when you want to play so others can meet up!

Jan 6 2013 Anchor

I've just moved the server to a slightly more powerful machine. It's now on a dual-core Celeron E1400, 2 x 2.0 GHz, 2 Gb RAM.

Everything seems to be working (yeh, except nobody tends to stick around and wait for another player).

Oh, apologies to Hq800 too ... I think we did play together for a little while and I accidentally crashed a plane into you :P

Jan 6 2013 Anchor

Thanks again pansapiens & I've noticed the same with my servers :P I'll tweet again about it.

Jan 18 2013 Anchor

hmm there has to be a way to get people to play right a way hmm what to do what to do?

Mar 11 2013 Anchor

Can you please update the server. Thanks!!!

Mar 11 2013 Anchor

Just updated - seems to be working fine.

Mar 11 2013 Anchor

Thank you pansapiens!

May 20 2013 Anchor

I was last night in hope see some time some peopel

Jun 14 2013 Anchor

i am playing on serverrgith now someone else want to join ?

Jul 11 2013 Anchor

i will stick around and wait for an other player

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.