• Register
Forum Thread
Stalker COP Misery 2.1.1 crash after 2 minutes (Forums : PC Gaming : Stalker COP Misery 2.1.1 crash after 2 minutes) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 30 2016 Anchor

I installed misery 2.1.1 for CoP (steam version) and everytime I try to start a new game (I dont have saves it's a clean install) REGARDLESS of any settings (misery or vanilla) the game crashes to desktop after about 2 minutes of playing (no matter what i do - i can run around, sleep, do anything). The crash happens after i get two fps drops(very short ones) in a rather quick succession. Disabling steam overlay and playing in offline mode doesnt help either.

After the game crashed I opened up notepad and pressed ctrl+v which gave me the following:

Expression : error handler is invoked!
Function : handler_base
File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrCore\xrDebugNew.cpp
Line : 764
Description : application is aborting

Apr 30 2016 Anchor

I've read these threads (Moddb.com and Moddb.com) and it looks like an error caused by installing the mod wrongly. It seems that you need all previous versions of the mod in order for it to work properly. Also, there seems to be a problem with a Windows update, but I don't know if that's the case. And this guy managed to make vanilla S.T.A.L.K.E.R. playable by installing the Call of Pripyat Complete mod.

I would suggest you to completely uninstall S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and its mods and try to follow step-by-step the Misery installation instructions. Also, you could try to find for a solution or post your problem in Misery's forums.

Edited by: Thanoshld

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.