Forum Thread
  Posts  
PC Hardware Upgrades (Forums : General Banter : PC Hardware Upgrades) Post Reply
Thread Options
TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
Apr 25 2016 Anchor

What hardware you currently running, what upgrades are you looking at getting soon?, should be interesting to look back at this thread in a few years and see what dinosaurs we were all running.

Apr 25 2016 Anchor

Desktop:
GeForce GTX 590
Intel Core i7-2700K / 3.50GHz
Asus Xonar Essence STX

Laptop:
GeForce GTX 860M
Intel Core i7-4810MQ / 2.80GHz

Both have 16GB R.A.M. and Windows 7; The laptop has crappy onboard sound, but the Xonar Essence STX is absolutely amazing. I can't listen to my music without it now.

I'm not interested in upgrading at the moment, but i'd very much like to downgrade; Unfortunately all my old computers have fallen apart from overuse, so i'd like to get something a little older, maybe in a Windows 98, so i can play my classic games such as Z again. :)

May 13 2016 Anchor

Pls. Rate my Specs 1-10

AMD-Quadcore Processor A8-6410 2.4GHz

AMD-Radeon R5 Graphics

4GB DD3 Lmemory

500GBHDD

and also i play BF3 on high settings on this

also its a laptop

TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
May 13 2016 Anchor

Desktop:
GeForce GTX 960 2Gb
Intel Core i7-860 / 2.80GHz
16GB Ram

Laptop:
GeForce GTX 710M
Intel Core i3- / 1.80GHz
6GB Ram

Both on win 7 no driver support for 10.




Oct 31 2016 Anchor
  • FX-8350 Eight-Core 4.0Ghz /Processor
  • GTX 960 4GB /Graphics Card
  • 12 GB /RAM

My RAM is actually low in Mhz, my graphics card could do with upgrading for Vive stuff, limit for new card is £200, limit for new RAM is £145.

Using a 'Asus Crosshair V Formula Z AMD 990FX' motherboard so it is capable to have memory up to 2133 (O.C). Any suggestions on decently speedy RAM?


Jan 10 2017 Anchor

Got this laptop some 5 years ago...

Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.0GHz
Geforce GTX 560M 3GB
8GB Ram
17" screen (or is it 19" ?)
Soundblaster USB HD (or something like that)


My desktop is some 10 years old now... can't remember what it is.

Both on Win 7.

Jan 12 2017 Anchor

Got my PC in like 2012, still running great!

  • Intel Core i3-3240 (Dual-Core, 2.3GHz - not the best but ok for me)
  • GTX 750 Ti 2GB (Could be better, but a massive upgrade of my old GT620, still ok for me)
  • 2 x 8GB RAM
  • 2 x 1 TB HDD (games & os+stuff)
  • 21" (I think) 1080p screen
  • Some stereo speakers
  • Windows 10 Pro - 64-bit

--

Aperture Diversion banner

Jan 24 2017 Anchor
Lucífer wrote:
  • FX-8350 Eight-Core 4.0Ghz /Processor
  • GTX 960 4GB /Graphics Card
  • 12 GB /RAM

My RAM is actually low in Mhz, my graphics card could do with upgrading for Vive stuff, limit for new card is £200, limit for new RAM is £145.

Using a 'Asus Crosshair V Formula Z AMD 990FX' motherboard so it is capable to have memory up to 2133 (O.C). Any suggestions on decently speedy RAM?


Upgraded Graphics card to GTX1060 Turbo.

Processors seem to have stopped.

RAM... well... }:)

Feb 21 2017 Anchor

CPU: Intel i5-4570 @ 3.20 GHz 4 cores

GPU: Radeon R7 370 Asus DirectCU II OC Strix Gaming 4GB Edition

RAM: 8 GB

HDD: Seagate 1TB

Mar 6 2017 Anchor

Laptop:

GeForce GT 540M
Intel Core i5-2700K / 2.40GHz
4gb ROM, 640 GB RAM.

I would like to add, at least, 4GB ROM, SSD )

Mar 6 2017 Anchor
fpivan wrote:

Laptop:

GeForce GT 540M
Intel Core i5-2700K / 2.40GHz
4gb ROM, 640 GB RAM.

I would like to add, at least, 4GB ROM, SSD )

Are you sure you have 640GB RAM? xD

--

Aperture Diversion banner

Mar 7 2017 Anchor

Are you sure you have 640GB RAM? xD

Fuck, I messed up :D 640 GB ROM and 4 GB RAM

Mar 7 2017 Anchor
fpivan wrote:

Are you sure you have 640GB RAM? xD

Fuck, I messed up :D 640 GB ROM and 4 GB RAM

Would be awesome having so much RAM ;D

--

Aperture Diversion banner

Mar 7 2017 Anchor
fpivan wrote:

Are you sure you have 640GB RAM? xD

Fuck, I messed up :D 640 GB ROM and 4 GB RAM

Are you sure you did not mess up again? :)Didn't you mean 640 GB.. harddisk/SSD/whatever, persistent storage?

640GB ROM (Read Only Memory) is a huge amount, and it is in those amounts pretty much useless :)

Mar 8 2017 Anchor
Metalspy wrote:
fpivan wrote:

Are you sure you have 640GB RAM? xD

Fuck, I messed up :D 640 GB ROM and 4 GB RAM

Are you sure you did not mess up again? :)Didn't you mean 640 GB.. harddisk/SSD/whatever, persistent storage?

640GB ROM (Read Only Memory) is a huge amount, and it is in those amounts pretty much useless :)

Pretty sure he meant harddisk space :D

--

Aperture Diversion banner

Mar 9 2017 Anchor
Phoenix1747 wrote:
Metalspy wrote:
fpivan wrote:

Are you sure you have 640GB RAM? xD

Fuck, I messed up :D 640 GB ROM and 4 GB RAM

Are you sure you did not mess up again? :)Didn't you mean 640 GB.. harddisk/SSD/whatever, persistent storage?

640GB ROM (Read Only Memory) is a huge amount, and it is in those amounts pretty much useless :)

Pretty sure he meant harddisk space :D

ofc hard disc!!!!:D

it will be nice to have 640 gb ROM XD

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.