• Register
Forum Thread
Origin Update - RotR 1.86 does not start anymore (UAC Problem?) (Forums : Support : Origin Update - RotR 1.86 does not start anymore (UAC Problem?)) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 29 2017 Anchor

Hi,

Origin forced me to update the origin client yesterday. Since that time it was not possible to start RiseOfReds Patch 1.86. :-(

From my point of view the behaviour of UAC (User Account Control) acts a little bit different now:

Before the update was installed, only one UAC Controll message appears. The analogous message of UAC was: riseOfReds1.86 launcher: an unknown publisher tries to modify some files at your pc ... OK / NOT OK? )

After the update, the control message still appears, but after that another message occurs (the same question, but the message points to generals.exe instead of riseOfReds1.86 launcher)

After confirming the message, nothing happens any more.

I already tried to disable UAC as well as download generals again. Without success. Unfortunately.

My general process to install RotR is:

1.) Download Generals (Zero Hour) via Origin

2.) Copy all necessary GenTool data into the installation folder

3.) Install RotR Patch 1.85

4.) Install RotR Patch 1.86

5.) install the "C&C Ultimate Collection Launchers Setup"

6.) finish

Please, can anybody help me with the problem?

Kind regards,

Christian

Edited by: auer-christian

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.