• Register
Forum Thread
Getting 32 independent audio channels out of a game engine (Forums : Sound Design & Composition : Getting 32 independent audio channels out of a game engine ) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 7 2018 Anchor

I am an audio researcher developing new audiovisual technologies and currently interested in new applications for games, especially in areas of VR arcades, large immersive spaces, 360 degree installations and even escape rooms.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas how to get 32 independent channels (or more) of audio output in real-time from a game engine like Unity that can be spatially mapped to XY coordinates of virtual objects in a screen, or the XYZ coordinates for a spatial enclosure, when most game engines only allow for fixed pre-defined output formats such as stereo, 5.1 or 7.1.

I have an executive summary of the technology online at (the link also includes my email address): Bit.ly

Thanks,

M

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.