• Register
Forum Thread
Changing DOOM 3 Door/Mover Behavior With Dead Enemies (Forums : Coding & Scripting : Changing DOOM 3 Door/Mover Behavior With Dead Enemies) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 30 2016 Anchor

Since I disabled corpse burnaway/removal with DOOM 3, the corpses stay solid, which is good, but I'm wondering if there's a way to have doors and movers treat dead enemies as not solid so that they can close/move properly and not go through a loop of not being able to function properly? So if the door/mover encounters an object that is specifically a dead enemy, it will close/move anyway.

The other question I have is stopping the burnaway/deletion of the shrapnel left behind by a barrel explosion. It seems to be similar to the monster burnaway but set in game code rather than in more easily moddable files.

They seem to be in Mover.cpp and Moveable.cpp, but I'm not sure what to change.

Also, the smack sound that plays from just generic loss of health such as walking into fire?

Edited by: deuxsonic

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.