• Register
Forum Thread
Battlefield 1942 (Forums : Support : Battlefield 1942) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 1 2017 Anchor

theres a problem with bf1942 everytime i launch the game and icons on my desktop just go crazy is there a way to fix this?

Jan 1 2017 Anchor

What operating system and version of the game are you using?

Jan 1 2017 Anchor

im using window 7 the game version 1.6

Jan 1 2017 Anchor

Battlefield 1942 is know for its problems in newer operating systems, especially 64 bit ones. So,let's see:

1) First of all, latest patch for BF1942 is v1.61 . I am not sure if you meant that one, but here is the link for it anyway Indiedb.com .

2) If you have BF1942 on Origin, try right-clicking on the game and select Repair Install. If that doesn't work, re-install the game altogether and patch it again.

3) The thing that fixed Battlefield: Vietnam for me in Windows 7 was compatibility mode. Here is a visual guide of how to do the same for BF1942:
Atfclan.com .

4) Your problem sounds more like a graphics' problem though (screen flickering/messed up icons). Make sure you have updated your graphics card to the latest drivers and try this patch out Moddb.com .

5) Also, there's this patch Indiedb.com which helps BF1942 cope with multi-processor CPUs.

6) If nothing of the above works, try this patch out Jdrgaming.com . I am not sure what it does exactly though.

You can also try and find help by posting a question about it in ModDB's BF1942 game page, or in one of its (very active) modding communities:

-BF1942 page Indiedb.com .
-Eve of Destruction mod Moddb.com .
-BattleGroup42 mod Moddb.com .
-Forgotten Hope Revisited mod Moddb.com .

Good luck mate!

Edited by: Thanoshld

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.