• Register
Forum Thread
Academic Survey about Player Types in Games (15+) (Chance to win a USD $ 50 Visa gift card) (Forums : General Banter : Academic Survey about Player Types in Games (15+) (Chance to win a USD $ 50 Visa gift card)) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 1 2017 Anchor

Do you play games or use gameful applications?

We are looking for volunteers to take part in a study about user types in games and gamification. This research intends to validate a questionnaire to find out what is a user’s main type of interaction with gameful digital applications based on the HEXAD User Types (Gamified UK) framework. The goal is to improve our ability to design better gameful applications and games.

If you decide to volunteer, you will be asked to complete a 25-minute online survey. Survey questions focus on your preferences while using digital applications and games.

In appreciation for your time, you can enter your name into a draw for one of two USD $ 50 international Visa gift cards.

Please note that you must be 15 years or older to participate in this study.

This research is conducted by the HCI Games Group. This study has been reviewed by and received ethics clearance through a University of Waterloo Research Ethics Committee. However, the final decision about participation is yours.

If you are interested in participating, please visit the study website at:
Surveys2.hcigames.com

Mar 6 2017 Anchor

I participated! Was funny to read that Prof. Nacke is part of this, as I've used a paper of him and his team for my own bachelor thesis about gamification (Deterding, Sebastian /Dixon, Dan /Khaled, Rilla /Nacke, Lennart (2011). From game design elements to gamefulness: defining “gamification”. In Proceedings of the 15th International Academic MindTrek Conference: Envisioning Future Media Environments, S. 9–15. ACM 978-1 -4503-0816-8/11/09.).

So, wish you guys the very best and greetings from Germany! :)

Edited by: iqew

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.