• Register
Forum Thread
10 Ways to Promote Your Indie Game from The Developer of IGS' Number One Rated Game (Forums : Development Banter : 10 Ways to Promote Your Indie Game from The Developer of IGS' Number One Rated Game) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 25 2017 Anchor

Last year I released my game Redactem, and through extensive marketing techniques it now has over 60,000 owners on Steam and is IGS' number one rated game. I created this article to help other developers who are hoping to release a game in the future. Click here to read the article.

Good luck with your game!

Elliott

Edited by: elliottmarcjones

Feb 28 2017 Anchor

I really like the idea going to local newspapers. Thanks :-)

Philipp

Feb 28 2017 Anchor

I'm very hesitant with the Bad press concept, sure if your game has a naturally conflicting idea behind it, its great for people to argue about it. However making a campaign using the theme that it is controversial is...weird. EA has done so several times in the past, and the actions and practices of the AAA companies can hurt the entire industry.

--

Im rooting for you, we're all in this together.

Superframe
Superframe Founder
Feb 28 2017 Anchor

Some good tips - A lot of marketing boils down to giving something back to the community. Tutorials and free game assets are also good.

--

Monkey Puzzle Games
Monkeypuzzlegames.com
Twitter: @StartupTheory

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.