Based in Hamilton, OH
April 26 2005
Press / Business Contact:
20 High Street, Suite 211 B Hamilton, Ohio 45011
Wraith Games is an award-winning independent game studio (and Nintendo Licensed Developer) based in Hamilton, Ohio. We are a diverse team of talented game developers with a common passion for excellence and love of gaming. Together, we have set out to make high-quality, open source, cross-platform games for gamers of all ages and ability that make players challenge themselves, think outside of the box and most importantly: have fun! Above all else, the Wraith Games team is dedicated to maintaining a green studio, promoting games as an artform, and focusing on accessibility options for the differently abled.
Founded in 2005, Wraith Games started out as a few friends and the idea, "Hey guys, let's make a game". Over a decade later, Wraith has grown into a close team of talented game developers with a common passion for excellence and love of gaming.
In 2008, we were picked up by GamePro Labs (as one of ten teams) to have our game, Physix, published. Despite them going bankrupt, we moved on. The next year, we went to our first convention, A&G Ohio. In 2016 alone, we attended 13 conventions.
2015 and 2016 were huge years for us. It saw us getting a massive rebrand, a physical studio space (and remodeling that space), we became Nintendo Licensed Developers, attended the internationally traveling Game Masters - The Exhibition, released our second game, Radarkanoid, and started receiving a lot of press and critical recognition for our upcoming game, Collapsus.
Collapsus Trailer (2015) YouTube
Radarkanoid Kentucky Fried Pixels (2016) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "App of the Year 2015 - Top 50" - SlideDB
- "App of the Year 2016 - #4 Best Upcoming Game" - SlideDB
- "Top Pick of GDEX" - CLE Tech
- "Presented at Game Masters - The Exhibition" - Game Masters
- "Wraith Games have created some interesting titles in the past and being so they are a Nintendo listened developers, they can guarantee some very interesting titles indeed are heading to Nintendo platforms, so if you’ve never played one of their games before, there is a great chance you will do in the coming months."
- Jack Longman, Miketendo64
- "Outside of that, the Collapsus dev team, Wraith Games, is also pretty cool group."
- Frank Lubsey, JamSonic
- "The team at Wraith Games did an excellent job showcasing the game to us when we stopped by."
- Chris Bohatka, CLE Tech
- "Eager to learn more about both his strategy, success, and interest in accessible gaming, we sat down with Wraith Games founder Jay Kidd for a chat about what it’s like to start a studio from the ground up."
- Corina Diaz, GameDev Cafe
- "Every time they resurrected the idea they found ways to change tweak and transform aspects of the game, ensuring it will provide an experience far different from the puzzle games currently available."
- Ellie Punn, Orange Bison
- "Every project is a passion project if you do what you love. The team behind Collapsus, a project we saw at Indy PopCon, and the 3D puzzle game Physix, Wraith Games, has turned passion into a profession."
- Tanner Banks, Slickster Magazine
- "Last week, I was fortunate enough to sit down with Jay Kidd from Wraith Games to discuss their new puzzle game Collapsus, their dedication to accessibility and some of the problems plaguing the industry today."
- Joseph Giampapa, UnstoppableGamer
- "Look forward to the future releases from Wraith Games. We are sure to see a lot of amazing things out of this company."
- Mark Ball, Nintendo Love Affair
- "This year, Wraith has attended 13 gaming conventions, where thousands have played the game."
- Mike Rutledge, Journal News
- "This week's guests are Jay and Kristy from Wraith Games. The main topic is Collapsus but we also talk about Physix, color-blind compatibility in games, and more!"
- Mark Bonneaux, IndieView Podcast
- "Grant, Aaron, and Justin had the pleasure to sit down with Jay Kidd of Wraith Games to discuss the studio's newest game Collapsus"
- Grant McClure, Game Over Game On Podcast
- "While it may seem like all fun and games, the process of actually creating a computer game can be hard work."
- Mark Heyne, Cincinnati Edition - 91.7 WVXU
- "From 3D printing of prosthetics to myoelectric arms that can sense muscle contractions to videogames helping to rebuild daily skills, there are many technological options available to help those with special needs."
- Mark Heyne, Cincinnati Edition - 91.7 WVXU
- "What a childhood dream: how many kids want to grow up and be developers like you guys? It must be pretty cool to be in your shoes!"
- Catherine Bodak, Fox19 News
Learn more about us on Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wraith_Games.
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Art Director/Brand Manager/3D Artist
Lance T. Miller
Concept Artist/Illustrator/Brand Development
2D Character Artist